Those of us that are a little older than some of you might remember Euell Gibbons. He was the naturalist (I couldn’t think of aÂ nicer word) that challenged us to eat a pinecone, “Ever eat a pinecone? Many parts are edible.”
Not necessarily so.
Cailin was sent to daycare yesterday, just like her usual schedule, while her mom and dad went toÂ work. Suddenly, she was noticed to be developing a rash. She hadn’t been ill recently and she was not on any antibiotics at the time.
The rash quickly spread from her face to her torso and even down her right arm. Although she seemed fine otherwise, a trip to the emergency room seemed warranted.
Careful examination showed that Cailin had apparentlyÂ eaten a small part of one of the arborvitae trees that line the yard of the daycare she attends. A small piece had lodged in her right tonsil and she was having an allergicÂ reaction to it.
A quick retrieval made a world of difference and she is recovering just fine. So much for being a vegan.